The WV Clinical and Translational Science Institute (WVCTSI), located at the WVU Health Sciences Center, is seeking both an immediate temporary person to fill a communications coordinator position as well as a full-time employee to fill the position permanently.
This position will assist in coordination of all communication pertaining to the West Virginia Clinical & Translational Science Institute (WVCTSI). Incumbent will be responsible for website updates, social media updates, print projects, listserv messages, public relations projects, and video, to communicate the activities and accomplishments of the WVCTSI. The Communications Coordinator will report to the Chief Operating Officer but work closely and consult with the WVCTSI Director, the Director of Communications and Institutional Relations HSC and the Widmeyer Professor in Public Relations and Associate Dean of the P.I. Reed School of Journalism to ensure that the goals and activities of the WVCTSI are being accurately disseminated.
Provides program, as well as direct internal and external client support services, independently responds to inquiries, resolves matters of low to moderate complexity using organization policies and procedures. Responsibilities require autonomy, initiative, judgment, resourcefulness, and originality, but diverse guides and precedents are usually available to apply or adapt to the circumstances. Work effort has considerable impact on client services, program and project image, with potential legal liabilities.
*Duties & Responsibilities *
Responsibilities are functional in nature, and performed under general supervision. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
1) Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
2) Study the objectives, promotional policies, or needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products, services and build strategic partnerships to meet strategic goals and objectives.
3) Plan or direct development or communication of informational programs to maintain favorable public perceptions of an organization’s accomplishments or agenda.
4) Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, or public interest groups.
5) Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters and reports.
6) Coach client representatives in effective communication with the public or with employees.
7) Confer with production or support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements or promotions.
8) Confer with other managers to identify trends or key group interests or concerns or to provide advice on business decisions.
9) Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for clients to increase product or service awareness or to promote goodwill.
10) Consult with advertising agencies or staff to arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media for products, organizations, or individuals.
11) Assist in managing social media accounts and websites.
12) Manage institute newsletter and listserv messages.
Interested parties should send their resumes to Mary Huntley, WVCTSI COO, at MJHUNTLEY@hsc.wvu.edu.
View More Posts >>