The Web Developer is primarily responsible for developing web interfaces and applications to support the University’s website and its strategic communications and marketing online. Additionally, the Web Developer position will work primarily to support the University’s online efforts to attract prospective students and engage with alumni.
- Report to Director of Web Services with latitude for independent initiative and judgment to support communications and marketing online.
- Support the University’s efforts to use the web and online resources to attract prospective students and engage with alumni.
- Oversee website and web application projects from inception through testing and long-term maintenance.
- Design and manage institutional public Drupal CMS interfaces, websites and features.
- Code, test and maintain internally developed web and support applications for the University’s web presence.
- Support, test, and maintain third-party web applications such as Drupal.
- Extend third-party software by developing themes and modules customized for the University.
- Assist with development and maintenance of web apps created with Perl, shell, PHP, Python, and other scripting languages to support web and online resources.
- Ability to develop positive and productive working relationships.
- Superior communication skills, written and oral.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to act with initiative, tact and maturity.
- Ability to identify and address client needs.
- Ability to work effectively with people of differing abilities and backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while providing consistent and reliable results.
- Energetic and motivated team player who can work well under pressure.
- Working knowledge of hardware and software associated with performing in this position.
- Willingness to maintain and update own technology knowledge to remain current in this position.
Minimum professional requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years experience in web application development and database-driven programming or an equivalent combination of education and experience in an academic environment.
- Experience developing websites and other online materials that support communications and/or marketing.
- Familiarity with Linux and the LAMP stack.
- Expertise with web related protocols and messaging mechanisms such as JSON, AJAX, XMLRPC, HTTP, etc.
- Expertise with current web design standards and best practices for user-interface design.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction.
- Ability to take a project from beginning to end, while providing a project scope and timeline.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Strong desire to continue professional education and learning new technologies.
- Strong professional ethics and commitment to security and confidentiality.
Recommended professional requirements:
- Familiarity with Jquery, online social networks, and digital media standards.
- Familiarity with graphic design techniques.
- Project management experience.
- Experience supporting communications and marketing.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to: Mark Mende, Search Committee Chair, University Communications, St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY 13617.
Applications may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information visit http://www.stlawu.ed.
View More Posts >>