Location: Washington, DC
– Complete daily media clips from state and national sources
– Write and edit documents such as press releases, columns, talking points, memos, media advisories and outreach e-mails
– Assist with the upkeep of the Senator’s website and social media sites
– Help with special projects including newsletters, video scheduling, setting up press conferences, and editing video and audio to send back to the state
– Track and monitor state and national press calls and assist with managing the official press office e-mail account
Internship Duration: Spring and potentially summer 2012 depending on applicant’s availability. Specific dates and hours are flexible based on student’s class schedule.
Benefits/Pay: Unpaid. This is an incredible experience in our nation’s capital. Learn about political communications in a fast-paced environment. Interns will have daily interaction with reporters from the nation’s largest media outlets and have the opportunity to write, edit, and work on special projects daily.
Student who is a solid writer, quick learner, and interested in communications and government. Intern will join in Washington, DC as part of the Senator’s hard working press team.
Deadline for application: March 30, 2012. If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to email@example.com with the subject heading “Internship Application.”
View More Posts >>